Friday, May 2, 2008

Ups and downs

I intend to put a few more pictures on here, but Tara has to be here to help me, so later I will post a picture of my hair, what's left of it, a pic of Kimmy buzzing my hair, and a pic of the new wig that I wore to the DR today. I thought I was doing fantastic until I had my blood drawn yesterday, and my whited blood cell count was zero. The nurse called me on my cell phone to tell me to go home and get away from everyone that could make me sick. I was at Costco , thinking how cool I was to be feeling so good. I had woken up yesterday with a sore throat but didn't know if it was related to the chemo. I saw the Doc today and he said it's like canker sores throughout my mouth. He told me to take pain medication and he gave me a Rx for 'Magic Mouthwash' that you swallow, and it numbs up the throat, and has an antifungal in it. I decided to come home and take a nap, the first time in weeks that I was able to do that. But tonight, I am going to a SOCCER Game, for Jonny, and I am going to wear my wig. Outdoor games are fine, because of the open air. Doctor Lemon even said I could go to Sat. night conference if I sat in the back, and don't touch everyone. That's hard for me, but I would rather do that, than sit home and miss the best conference session of all (Sat night)
I was getting positive vibes today from the doctor, so that really made my day! And I think I am totally ready to shave my head.............we'll let you know tomorrow. PS Tara is going to put a picture on here of the twins in two of my long curly wigs, so stay tuned!!

3 comments:

Heather B said...

Can't wait for the pictures! Stay healthy, take your temp a lot, just to make sure, and we are still praying for you daily! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Good job on the zero count and staying out of the hospital. We NEVER did that trick! You sound like you've embrassed the hair thing...that is awesome!

Bundy Family said...

Karen,
I am so grateful our prayers are being answered! You know "bald is beautiful." I love your blog. Thanks for keeping us up to date. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Keep up the good fight. Stay healthy.
Sandee Stevenson