Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A couple cloudy days

This was on Monday, April 28th, 3 days after chemo #2, I noticed my first bald spot after the hair had been thinning all day long. Right before this picture was taken, I had a panic attack feeling like I couldn't go through with it, but knowing it's too late to change my mind. To make me feel better, Dale and Tara's boys buzzed their heads. Good thing hot weather is coming. It did bring a smile to my face.

By the time the night was through, we had me losing hair; Dale, Wayne, Maddux, Malakai, Jonny and Buffy all had a shaved, or semi-shaved head!! Kimberlee was trying to show me different ideas of what I could do, even though it makes her sad, she decided to try on one of my wigs. I am going to let her wear one on the last day of school.....Just for fun....................... Tomorrow or Friday, I will be shaving my head, as of tonight, which is Wednesday, there is about 25% of my hair left, if you think you want to see it, I will post a picture of it later. In my kitchen now is the saying that my friend, Ester, emailed to me last week. I am going to follow the "SON", even on these cloudy days.

9 comments:

Jill Emett said...

you go girl! I am so proud of you for working on your blog! it is fantastic and just what all of us need and want to see and hear. Thanks so much for sharing all of this with us. We love you.

Hanny said...

I'm waiting to see if you actually go through with the shaving thing. It will all be fine.

Hanny said...

Karen, incase you are wondering Hanny is me, Shannon. I tried posting with my name before and it wouldn't ever let me.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

What a great family you have! I can't believe little Malakai without his curly hair! Keep up the good spirits, you are amazing! I think I would shave my head too. Thanks for sharing!

Kristen said...

Bald is beautiful! I think that's the cutest picture of everyone with their shaved heads.

Wendy said...

What people love about you is YOU!
YOU are beautiful! Remember it's just a bump in the road, but the road is the way to recovery! Just a bump. Think of the great tan you can have this summer!! Love you,
Wendy and all the Parker family
(I've got to figure out the how to use the tags!)

Team Huffaker said...

Karen, we, Huff and Tasha (Wayne's friends) wanted to let you know you are in our prayers. Keep strong. We love you and can't wait to see you guys soon. Livestrong!

Anonymous said...

You could always look at it this way.....if you don't shave it you'll get much weirder looks....OR...you could die the hair left and look like polka dots (from the missing spots!). I so feel for you, this has got to be the worst part for women going through this....my prayers are with you!

brit said...

crying again....and this time its not the hormones. I miss ya!!!