Saturday, April 19, 2008

FAREWELL TO KARENS HAIR

Karen had Tara help her wash her hair and then called me over to take some final pictures of her hair. I need to find a picture of her before she got her "50 year old haircut". She said that she wanted to cut it short before she turned 50. It was a drastic change but one that we have all gotten used to. I think that perhaps there was wisdom in that decision. It will not be nearly so overwhelming when it starts to fall out from the chemo treatments. Heather has been here all week spending time with Karen and helping to made her life a little easier. Holli Barlow ( a family friend) came over on the night these pictures were taken and painted all of their toe nails. They were having way too much fun!

1 comments:

Becky Seymour said...

I love the blog ladies! I will keep Karen in my prayers, and everyday when I go walking (hopefully running soon), I will listen to my Melissa Ethridge song I RUN FOR LIFE and think of your great MOm and Grandma Karen. If you haven't heard it, you should look it up on i-tunes. It is great.