Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Good Day

The Sunday after chemo, Karen felt pretty crappy. She had body aches and felt bloated and nauseated. It came on pretty fast sunday afternoon and by sunday night she did not feel good at all. By Wednesday she was feeling good enough to have her hair washed, take a short walk around the park and get dressed. That was great!! Thursday she was feeling good enough to go to Cedar to watch Johnny play soccer. She was even enjoying some french fries at the game! She will probably be feeling pretty good about the time they do another chemo treatment!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh my Sis. Esplin! haha I know I could probably call you Karen now, but it is just still so fitting to call you Sis. Esplin. I just wanted you to know how much I love you. I have looked up to you what seems like my whole life...or at least since Joy School. :) You were always so incredible and always such a big part of my life while living in St. George and even then, our families always kept in touch after we moved. I am grateful for your example and know that you can get through this, you sure are a fighter and if anyone can pull through cancer, my money is on you for sure! I am so glad this blog is available so I will not miss out on one single update! Thanks Heather for putting this together and updating it! You are a gem! Much love, Kendra Haynie

Mitzie Rogers said...

Go Karen you can do this.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Lots of Love Mitzie Rogers