Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Great Day



Karen felt soooo good today that she actually baked cookies! She had an even better day yesterday and felt fabulous. Not fair to think that it has to start all over on friday. You all know how much she loves sun flowers and how they always follow the sun or "son". A friend sent her an email yesterday that had a quote about how even on cloudy days the sun flower still looks toward the sun. This was a great time for that quote as she is facing some cloudy days in her future. It will be great to be reminded that even on those days she can still look toward the "Son". She is doing great and feeling very optimistic. Her second chemo is this friday at noon. It is also her good friend, Kathy's, birthday. She and Kathy will go to lunch on friday and then Kathy will take her to chemo. One down, seven to go! She can do this!

6 comments:

Amelia said...

You know you can do it Karen- Keep up the positive thinking.... I love the blog- Jill is doing a great jobat keeping me updated.

Heather B said...

I am SO happy you're feeling so good mom, this is great. THANKS JILL for the updates and pictures! Yum those cookies look good.

Anonymous said...

Whooo-Hooo! I have no doubt you'll have plenty of inspiration! This blog is going to be priceless by your 5th treatment! Love you!

Kristen said...

Karen, you look great! I think you look especially amazing. Thanks for being such a wonderful example to us and for staying positive through this whole thing!

And Jill, if you read this, I noticed you have a blog. I want to read it! My email address is kristenlotz@hotmail.com.

Laurie said...

Karen, you are amazing!! I'm sure you are not looking forward to Friday, but you are a trooper!!! Way to go girl!! You are truly an inspiration to all of us!! I remember the little presentation you gave at girl's camp a few years ago about the sunflower and the "son"...you did din't you? I'm always second guessing my self :)...our prayers are always with you!!! Good luck Friday!
Love ya!

Rachel said...

Karen, this is Rachel Ence. I have always been so amazed by your optimism! You've got a great support group all around you! Nick and I love you and just know that our prayers and thoughts are with you!