Monday, May 26, 2008

Jonnys Graduation


When I look at this picture, I kind of feel like crying. This is my 5th child to graduate, almost my last one. That's sad to me. Then I look again and see that I was in good enough shape to GO to the graduation, and feel such GRATITUDE, and I want to cry again. There was a time a couple months ago when I questioned if I would even make it to graduation. I think I had it in my mind that I was going to be in bed almost 24/7. I feel so blessed that so far it hasn't been that way.
Within an hour after taking this picture, I went and had my 4th chemo treatment and I didn't feel sick until 9 oclock that night. My sister came from Orem and since we have been to every grad nite for the other 4 kids, we had to go over and at least SEE it. It was 10:30 when we got there, and I was really feeling the nausea, but I felt much better just being able to see the setup. It was AWESOME, so much work from parents goes into that, and Jonny came away really happy with all kinds of prizes and about 80 dollars in cash.
By Saturday morning, the nausea was gone, and I felt much better. The rest of the weekend was a little bit of a roller coaster with some nausea, some aches and pains, only a tiny bit of anxiety, and moments of feeling normal. It was great to have my sister and her family here, it made the weekend go by more smoothly.
For Memorial day today, the family barbequed burgers and had a fun picnic lunch outside, but for some reason, the smoke made me VERY sick feeling. I couldn't eat any of it. Once they started the volleyball game outdoors, I felt good enough to watch. The weather felt great.
I am trying to make myself read, something that is pretty foreign to me, but I know this is a perfect time to be gaining spiritual knowledge, so the one I have chosen to TRY and read is ,"Trusting Jesus", by Jeffrey Holland. It looks like it is all about trials and making it a blessing in your life. Perfect for me!! I will keep you updated on how my reading goes. Again thanks for your love and prayers, its making a difference.


Posted by PicasaJonny and his buddy Jordan Wade

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Congratulations to Johnny on his graduation. So glad you were able to be there and feel good. So sorry you have to suffer with nausea...nothing worse. Hopefully, this week will be good and you can enjoy life.....by the way you LOOK GREAT!!! Happy week to you!!!

Diane said...

Dear Karen,
As I read your last entry, I was touched by your deep gratitude of the simple everyday things we all take for granted. We have all learned and been touched by your example and what you are going through. I am sorry that you have to deal with nausea and pain. But the day will come when they are behind you and your life will be filled with even greater appreciation, love and faith. Mine has from knowing you. Hope this week continues to get better for you. Best wishes to Jonny on his graduation!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, I'm glad I found your blog so I can let you know I'm concerned and praying for you. We don't want to overwhelm you with calls and visits so this site is perfect when we want to know your status. What a good idea. Your wig look so cute. Good choice. I came by on your temple day and was glad to hear you were out. Half-way there. Good for you. You inspire me with your cheery disposition. Hang in there, girl.
Julie Gardner

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad that I wasn't able to make it to the graduation. We just didn't know how to work out the car and getting the kids from school. I thought it was more important that Daryl be there than me. The picture looks great! What a blessing you were able to be there and feel good for it.

The Leggs said...

Karen, I am looking forward to seeing you Thursday. I can't believe Jonny has graduated. I feel so old! I remember playing with him and Eric on the trampoline when Kimmy was just tiny.

Lisa said...

Hi Karen,
Boy, you have had alot going on the past few weeks..besides the treatments and all that goes along with that. I read in the paper that you had an Idol party at your house...cute pictures. I must say WHAT A LADY! You are AMAZING!!
Glad to hear that you were well enough to attend Johnny's graduation. CONGRATS to him! I am so sorry that you have been suffering with the nausea and pain. We went to the temple last night, it was dedicated to you.
Keep plugging along, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love to you,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Jonny! That is great that you made it through the day and got to enjoy everyone's company. I bet they all feed off of your positive energy. I can't believe you only have one more to graduate off. My mom is right there behind you and it seems weird that Tara and I aren't still playing basketball and getting the locker room decorated by all you dedicated moms. Thanks for all you have done for all of us through the years, now it's your turn for some TLC. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen, my mom and katie are visiting me this weekend down here in phoenix and I was showing them your blog. So glad to see that you were able to go to graduation and grad night....you look like a million bucks! I really wish I could have seen tara hypnotized at her graduation :) You have always been such a great friend to us.....we are thinking of you! Crystal, Laurene, and Katie

Tara said...

Just wanted to let you know that I love you and think about and pray for you often. You have been and continue to be a significant influence in my life. Thanks for being the amazing woman you are.

Tara Haynie