Sunday, June 1, 2008

Things that CHEER ME during chemo #4

You proabably wonder what you are looking at, but these are 4 little feet of 2 little boys, Maddux and Malakai. They have fallen in love with shoes, ANY shoes, they don't care if they fit, or if they are on the right foot, or not. This was right outside my bedroom sliding door and I HAD to have a picture of this. They keep me cheered up for sure.


The latest little family to cheer me up is Krystal's family, They have come down from Springville to stay and take care of me for a few weeks. This is her youngest , Kyla, who just turned 1, and loves our family dog, Buffy.


Buffy is very patient with all the grandkids, and I am so thankful for that.

This is Krystal's 2nd child, Allie, I have a special relationship with her. Someone gave her this dance outfit, and she rarely takes it off. She keeps me laughing with her 3 yr old vocabulary.


This picture is Krystal, and her oldest Damon. Damon is 5 yrs old, about to turn 6, and has just graduated from kindergarten. He keeps me entertained with his reading and writing skills, and today he made us an exceptional art piece. Krystal and her family have been living back East for 6 years and Jeff finishes his 10 years of schooling at the end of June. The house they were living in was sold and they had to move all their possessions clear across the country to Springville where they will live for the next year. She decided to come spend some time with me, while Jeff stays in Florida and finishes the end of his schooling. She has been cooking and cleaning , and it has been a big help to me, and she and her family is keeping me cheered up.
This chemo has not been as bad as I had feared, but it has hung on a little longer than the last ones did. The nausea stuck around for 3 or 4 extra days, and even though I had set a goal to never throw up, I did succumb, and I was bummed. I really needed to shower, wash my hair, (wait, I skip that part now), and put on some makeup and go somewhere, so even though my white blood cells were back down to zero, I SNEAKED into sacrament meeting after the prayer and sneaked out before the closing prayer so I wouldn't be tempted to hug and touch everyone, which I love to do. Not many people even recognized me in my shoulder-length wig. Looking in the mirror is starting to bother me, I must have what everyone calls "The chemo look".
I woke up this morning around 4 am, having had a scary dream about chemo, and couldn't go back to sleep. I prayed for peace, and asked for some direction, and I opened the scriptures to something that had nothing to do with white blood cells, but it appeared to me to be talking about my body.
It is in Mosiah 27:6..... see if you think this was a stretch:
"And there began to be much peace again in the land, (I am seeing peace coming back into my life) and the people began to be very numerous, (I am seeing white blood cells starting to be very numerous), and began to scatter abroad upon the face of the earth,(making their way through my bloodstream), yea on the north and on the south, on the east and on the west. building large cities and villages in all quarters of the land. (Making my body healthy in all parts of my body) Then verse 7 "And the Lord did visit them and prosper them, and they became a large and wealthy people ( the Lord is aware of what I need) It helped me alot and then I was able to go back to sleep.
Thank you all for you PRAYERS, THEY ARE STILL MAKING A DIFFERENCE!!
I love you all, Karen




9 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Looks like you have lots of little ones around to cheer you up! How fun that Krystal and her kids can be here for a few weeks! You are always so positive and inspirational. I'll for sure keep you in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that Natalie chose you as the object of her fast yesterday and she fasted longer than she ever has and even bore her testimony. We have taught her that if you really are sincere about your fast then you also need to bear your testimony. Natalie has so much faith that you will get well. Just wanted you to know.

The Leggs said...

Karen, as I was driving to work yesterday morning I heard a song that you played for me in young womens a long long time ago "let him heal your heart". It made me start to think of all the things you have taught me and the frindship you and your family has provided me. Thank you and my prayers are with you.

Andrea said...

What cute pics! I didn't know Krystal was in town. I'll have to call her!! Keep up the good spirits. You are so motviating to all of us!! We love you and contunue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

I'll give you it's a stretch...but who cares. Bottom line...it assisted you the way scriptures always can! I'm totally jealous/completely psyched you are at zero and still able to get around....that AND that it took you four treatments to actually succomb to hurling! You are MUCH strength lady!!!!!! ;)

Laurie said...

What darling little ones....Grandchildren and children are such a blessing!! I'm so sorry this treatment has been tougher....I can't believe you have only thrown up once....wow, you are quite the woman!!! I love that you can make the scriptures talk to YOU!!! You are incredible....stay strong....love ya, Laurie

Lisha said...

I'm glad Krystal is there in town with you now. I love looking at pictures of her cute smiley kids. Any of them could easily cheer up someone who is down or not feeling well. Hang in there!

Jill Emett said...

I agree that the scripture is a stretch but if it helped you feel calm and get back to sleep then it was perfect. I kept trying to catch your eye at church but I never did. It was good to see you though. I am glad that Crystal is here and you are getting to spend some time with her and her kids. They are darling and so totally well behaved. I need to send my down for some training!

Vera said...

Karen, I am still checking up on you once in awhile. You have such a great attitude. I love the things you teach me, everytime I read your blog. You are in my prayers.