Friday, May 9, 2008

Family Temple Night

On Wednesday, May 7th, The family of Lee and Kim Esplin, (Dale's younger brother) decided to have as many family members as possible attend the temple together. I was overwhelmed with such a great idea, and I was hoping I would feel well enough to attend with them, which miraculously I did. I was nervous that my wig would fall off when I had to change clothes, etc., but all went well. There were 4 family members that attended the 6:00 session, and 15 more that attended at 8:00, and that's who is in this picture. When I asked whose idea it was, I got teared up to learn that it was my 28 yr. old niece, Andrea Esplin Heaton. I had told her that I had an experience where the spirit told me that ANY temple service will bless me, and the temple service doesn't just need to be done by me, but anyone that loves me, even 12 yrs old and up.

What a way to help me. So if any one out there is praying for me, the spirit says go do some temple service and it will bless my life, not to mention yours, and the deceased person too! ...............Very tricky!! ....................19 endowments done that night.....wow......Love you all and THANK YOU family for your support, I am choked up thinking about itl

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Karen,
So glad to hear that you are feeling so well. Once again, you are amazing... that incredible faith you have! You make me want to do better. It was so nice that you could go to the temple, what a great family! You look absolutley adorable! I really love that look.
Keep smiling and stay heathy!
Love you,
Lisa

Heather B said...

What a cool night it must have been, to have everyone in there together like that. Call me next time so I can come!

westfam said...

What great family support you have! I can't think of any better place to be with them, too. I hope all went well for you on Friday. I'm sorry I missed you on Thursday. I actually made it to your place without getting lost--another miracle!
Love ya,
Ester

Allred Family said...

Karen, a friend of mine suggested making a wish list at Amazon.com. It just lets people know what you need. Amazon.com also has a great variety of organic food which is good given our state of health. It was awesome to see you the other day. I am sorry I was so groggy. I have to tell myself next time, mind over matter. I you are such an inspiration to me. Thank you for everything.
Paige

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

What an amazing experience that night must have been! Love it!

Karen said...

Hi Karen!
I am going to try to get to the temple next week. The simple pleasure of going to the temple to bring blessings to others as well as ourselves is wonderful. How lucky are we? Thanks for your inspiration! See you in a few days (Visiting Teaching) Love ya
Karen Rogers

Kristen said...

Karen, Shannon told me about your blog and I'm glad you and your girls are doing it so I can keep up with how you are doing. I agree with the thought that temple work brings blessings to us in ways we've never thought of before, and from people we've never met. I'll add your name when I attend up here. Good luck and much love - Kristen

Anonymous said...

Karen, I didn't know you were having a birthday. I am glad so many family were there to celebrate with you. I have loved my visits with you and admire your attitude. We continue to pray for you daily.
Love ya,
Pam