Wednesday, May 7, 2008

White Blood Cells

I have been feeling so good, that it is hard to believe that anything could be wrong with my blood. When they told me about my WHITE blood cells, they forgot to say anything about my RED, so I spent the weekend trying to mentally charge up the white ones. On Sunday evening, I had a priesthood blessing, and Monday I had another lab test to see how they were. They told me that my original numbers were 0.9, ( I was a little off, I thought it was like 0.1 ), and that I needed to get above 3.0 to be considered NOT NEUTROPENIC, (where you use precautions for germs). The normal range for any of us is 3.6 to 10.6. Well, on Monday mine was .....................are you ready for this?.........12.3.................... WOW, ...........it was a miracle for me. They then told me that my red cells were still low (as if I knew they were EVER low), and I needed a shot called "aeronesp" and that would fix that. From what I know about low hematocrit and low hemoglobin, you should be lethargic, and not have much energy. I have had plenty of energy, so I had to doubt that this test could be right. They proved it to me with a copy of my lab report. What does this tell me? Once again, I am being SO SO blessed. You guys out there have an incredible amount of pull with Heaven, Thank you for helping me out with your prayers. I really have got to be a good girl from now on after getting so blessed. Remind me of this when I get a little too sassy.
Tara is coming with me to chemo on Friday, and she will do some scrapbooking while I talk, and talk, and talk..........to anyone who will listen.............;)
Tara is going to take pics at the chemo on Friday and we'll post them so you can see what it looks like at the chemo place. My new friend , Paige will be there and we'll get a picture of her too. She's the one that we told you about. She is 28, and found a lump while she was pregnant. She had 3 little children, one being 5 wks old. She is positive and sweet, and I am thankful to have chemo the same day as her.
Thank you for all the sweet comments, I get up every morning, and look forward to see if any one has sent me a message, I just wish I could respond back to you.................know that there is a smile on my face, and a tear running down my cheek when I read what you 've written to me.
Love you all!!!

10 comments:

Randi said...

Yeah Karen 12.3 That is so awesome. Keep up the good work. I guess now is the time for lots and lots of hugs. Enjoy!
Love ya and am thinkin about ya!

Amy said...

Karen,
My name is Amy Taylor I am Stacey Neilsons daughter i don't know if you know me, but my mom told me about your cancer and i have looking at your blog for like the past 2 weeks and you really have strengthened me by being so strong and positive!! I pray for you and wish you the best!! You are DARLING in your wigs... Hope for the best keep being positive!!!

Angie said...

karen,
We just got home from the temple. What a neat experience that was, being together as a family in the temple. Thanks for letting us share this special evening together. Your strong spirit was felt, what a special person you are. And you looked fantastic! Lots of love, Angie

Angie said...

Karen,
We just got home from the temple. What a great experience it was being with family and sitting by you. Thank you for your strong spirit in which we could feel. What a neat session it was! And you looked fantastic! Thanks for letting us be a part of this special evening with you.
Love you, Angie(and Ben)

The Greens said...

You are so cute & so positive! I love you very much and am happy we were all able to go to the temple last night! Thanks!! Stay strong! xoxo

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

That is so awesome Karen! I am so happy that you are feeling so great! Good luck tomorrow and let Paige know she is in my prayers as well!

Anonymous said...

Way to produce those white blood cells! And Lucky (says napolean),not having to go to the hospital. I'm betting with our kids is what put Jason there EVERY time we had a round of chemo! You are doing awesome! I forgot about the red ones too....we didn't have to worry about that till we had our bone marrow transplant....we...like I was hooked up to anything! I loved the people we would see at treatments as well....strength in numbers! Plus, I'm sure it is different speaking with someone that is actually GOING through it. Everybody stand and say WHOO-HOO!!!! ;)

brit said...

LOVE YOU!!!!!!! Today is the big day and I'll be thinking about you the entire time. LOVE YA!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Karen, I know that your positive attitude about all of this is why the prayers are working. You are so amazing, keep your chin up and we'll keep the prayers coming!

Laurie said...

Karen,
So happy the blood count was up!!
Happy you were able to go to the Temple as well. I think about you daily and pray that you will continue to do so well. I know you will with your incredible FAITH!!
LOVE YOU,
Laurie