Sunday, August 31, 2008

Keeping me Occupied

As you can see, this is the birth announcement of my newest grandbaby. I want to thank Brooke Owens Slack for making it up for Tara, and I wanted to tell you what's on my mind this week.On Monday, I had minor surgery to take out my port a cath, and I got very sick from the anesthesia mixed with pain pills, and I felt like I had had a SUPER dose of chemo. Luckily i t only lasted 24 hrs, and I started feeling better. Last week before the surgery, I had a SUDDEN attack of a UTI. I have never had one, but it was as painful as giving birth with no epidural. I got a blessing and some antibiotics and was back to normal about 3 hours later. I feel lucky that my bad days have been short lived. I wanted to let you see the fun moments I have had lately with Tara's new little KENYA. Tara and Heather wanted to try their hand at being ANNE GEDDES wannabes. We had a lot of fun and got these cute pictures.
I felt so good by Friday, Aug 30th, I went to the Reber reunion up at Pine Valley and slept under the stars , it was so refreshing to get out of the heat. It was very uplifting to see family that I don't get to see much and feel of their love and support. all I can say is I AM A VERY LUCKY GIRL!! Thank you all for your concern
. I have high hopes that things are going to go well, and I will be up to speed by Christmas. I went back to aerobics class this week and found out that all the energy that L used to have is about 75% gone, but that's understandable, but I am going to try to go back 3 times a week if the radiation doesn't wipe me out. so for now, I am really enjoying little Kenya, and starting to put "Karen" back together.

I have been told by more than one person that I am going to be a new Karen, it's like cleaning out a messy closet. You pull everything out and dump it all over the floor, but then you start putting back the things in the closet that you REALLY want and need and throw the rest away, and you feel better about your clean closet.
Well, that's me , I have been that mess on the floor, but thanks to all of you and your faith, and a Merciful Savior, I am throwing out a lot of unnecessary things and putting myself back together with only good and useful things. I think I have cleared up any bad feelings that I have had with others;, gotten rid of all my grudges, and I am giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. AND IT FEELS GREAT.
By the way, the medicines the Dr has me on are really making me feel better. I see them as a blessing from Heavenly Father and His Son.
I love you all and I will forever.

12 comments:

Heather B said...

Not bad for us wannabe's...

I love the cleaning out the closet analogy, I hadn't heard that yet! I'm glad sleeping out under the stars was good for you...sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

Karen,
This entry made me cry. Your words reflected so much hope and peace. Through it all you have been able to see God's love and plan for you. I am so happy you're on the road to recovery!
Love, Monique
ps Did you see that Laura sent you the information about printing your blog into a book? (It's with the August 19 comments).

westfam said...

Let's hope those bad days are behind you now. As for cleaning the closet, that sounds like a great idea--we could all benefit from that!
Love the pictures of little Kenya. What a little doll she is!
Love you

Ann Mitchell said...

YEAH!!! I'M GLAD THAT YOU ARE STARTING TO GET BACK TO YOUR YOUNG SELF! (I WOULD HAVE SAID OLD SELF, BUT I DON'T WANT TO PUSH IT!)
I HAVE 2 WEEKS OF SCHOOL UNDER MY BELT. AND ONCE AGAIN, LIKE IN THE PREVIOUS 6 YEARS, I HAVE THE HARD, HARD KIDS! MY PRINCIPAL TAKES PARENT REQUESTS FIRST. I HAVE THE BIGGEST CLASS IN THE SCHOOL---3 MORE THAN THE NEXT HIGHEST! I HAVE 3 RESOURCE (ONE CAN'T EVEN READ ON A KINDERGARTEN LEVEL), 3 SPEECH, 1 AUTISTIC, 1 AZBURGER (SP?) 2 DYSLEXIC, 2 THAT HAVE MELT DOWNS, AND A BOY THAT EATS PAPER! (AND THESE KIDS ARE 10 & 11) THE BAGLEY'S SON (MY FORMER BISHOP) GAVE ME A BLESSING BEFORE SCHOOL STARTED. I THINK HE SAID THE WORD "PATIENCE" AT LEAST 25 TIMES. SO, I GUESS I MUST HAVE PATIENCE WITH THIS GROUP! THE OTHER 5TH GRADES ARE PRETTY NORMAL!
WELL, GOOD LUCK WITH ALL THE RADIATION AND MAY THE LORD BE WITH YOU!
(CHECK IT OUT! I NOW HAVE MY PIC TO GO WITH COMMENTS! CHECK OUT MY BLOG:
missmitchellsfabulousfifthgrade.blogspot.com
(I ALMOST HAVE BYU FOOTBALL PICS READY TO GO ON IT!---RISE AND SHOUT!)

Jill Emett said...

I am so glad to hear such optimism. I am sorry that you had some rough times last week. I am glad that they are over and hope that only good things are in the future. Kenya is darling. Just holding her should make you feel better.

Lori said...

Your thoughts bring back many feelings I have not felt or thought about for a long time. 151/2 years is a long time for me to remember back on, just continue to follow the white brick road and you'll end up,after many long years here with family and friends, back in the eternal city. I'm so happy for the great family you have had surrounding you while you go through this trial in your life. I'm sure that's why you have done so great. What great treasures you have been blessed with. Keep steady and sure. Lori

Andrea said...

Those pictures are adorable!! Good job Heather and Tara! You sure have cute grandbabies, Karen!! Although you are the one who has gone through this hard trial, we have all learned from you! Thank you for being an inspiration Karen! We love you!!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Those pictures are awesome of Kenya! She is so dang cute! I hope all those bads days are behind you. I can't imagine all that you have gone through, but you strength is amazing and inspiring.

Darren + Janessa said...

Karen- hey i just ran into your blog! Just wanted to congratulate you again on your last chemo! you are such an awesome lady! way to keep positive :) you look great!

J-Lo said...

So glad you are getting your energy back, even if it isn't where you'd like it to be.

Most impressive photography. You've raised some talented daughters!

Laurie said...

Karen,
Just had to check to see how you are doing...I'm so glad you up-date. I'm sorry you had a few bad days....hopefully, those will be over and you can move forward. Love the cleaning out the closet analogy as well...can't wait for you to be feeling all better than new :)...you are a great inspiration!! love you, Laurie

Lisa said...

Once again, you made me cry!! I love your wisdom and insight. I love the cleaning of the closet analogy... I could really use that in my life. Life is too short, and you, sharing your thoughts, feelings and experiences, really makes one remember what it's all about.. Thanks. So many people have been blessed by you sharing with all of us. I love you, and continue to think and pray for you daily.