LIFE IS PRECIOUS
I have learned many things in the last 7 months and the first one is: Life is precious, everyone's life. I have come to love many songs that seem to say just what I am feeling, but I had Tara record this one. It is called "YOU GIVE" I was just going to put the words to the song, but then I realized if you could hear it, it might be even better. You might be able to relate to it, even if you haven't been through exactly what I have, you have been through "LIFE", and probably a few bumps, big and small, and we can all relate to that. This is going to be the beginning of "THE LIST OF WHAT I HAVE LEARNED". As I have gone through this experience, I have known all along that I was supposed to be learning something from it. One thing about breast cancer is, it doesn't take your life away overnight, like some tragedies do, thus there must be lessons to be learned for both the patient and all of their loved ones, family and friends. Before I list what I have learned, I want you to read these words, then click on the "play" button and listen to Hilary Weeks sing this and see if you agree with it.
You give me sight when I can't see
You give me breath when I can't breathe
And You give me love and You give me peace
Amd You always seem to give just what I need
You take my doubt and replace it with truth
You take my fear so all I see is You
You take me as I am and You take me by the hand
You see to my soul and You take just what I need.
You give me strength and You give me life
You give me hope and You give me light
You take my pain and You take my shame
You bless me to see the give and take is just what I need
You give and take away and refine me day by day
As you lead me through the bitter and sweet
I am trusting you to make me complete
Though You see the heartache, you're sending your sweet grace
As You give.....................and You take
So here's the list of the things I have learned in the year 2008, things that I probably would not have learned any other way.
1. Life is Precious
2. I need to RELY on the Holy Ghost continually.
3. Doubt not, fear not: faith and fear cannot exist at the same time.
4. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are in charge
5. I need to improve my relationship with my Redeeemer, who understands exactly how I am feeling.
6. Grudges, bad feelings, and hurt feelings are USELESS to hold onto: Let them go
7. Anyone who seems unkind or unfriendly is experiencing a private pain or suffering of their own that we cannot see.
8. The Savior has shown me firsthand what mercy is: getting something benefecial that we haven't earned.
9. No way can I ever EARN my way into His kingdom, I will NOT be perfectly worthy in this life, but if I can become His partner, as he has invited me to be, I will qualify.
10. He wants me to take these feelings of love that I have for everyone and show mercy to all of God's children......because I NEVER know their whole story..... only HE does.
11. I am overcome with LOVE , such as I have never known. I am truly a blessed person, and I am VERY , VERY grateful to such loving angels around me , and angels unseen, and a Heavenly Father and a Savior that love me without end.
12. I know now that I will never waver again, I know that the Father and the Son live, and their mission is to mercifully bring us home better people than we were we left his presence.
13. One last thing comes to my mind tonight, I will NEVER be able to repay all of you for your kindnes and concern and love for me, so I want you to know this: I will "Pay it forward" at every opportunity I have.
14. I love everyone of you that has read my blog, and sent me such uplifting comments, I love everyone of you that has come to visit me, I love everyone of you that has sent me a card or called me on the phone. I want you to know that I want to be there for you if this situation ever arises in your life. I pray that it won't , but it might. My love is 4-ever, Love, Karen
(PS I will finish radiation on Wed. Oct 22nd, but it will be a month or so before I know anything about my condition. Thank you once again for your prayers, they have made a huge difference in me being able to handle all of this. Let us all remember to THANK HIM for answering our prayers.)